Thread: Milo
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #14
Pussygalore
Adult

Milo had his first check up last night and everything is fine apart from he seems to have a shaving rash or so the vet thinks, poor thing you'd think they'd use some shaving foam. Anyway I mentioned that his appetite increases when he's on antibiotics/pain killers and asked if they could be easing a stomach problem as he usually doesn't want to eat, and the vet said it could be possible. Apparently some dogs are on Zantac for most of their lives for indigestion or something similar to IBS so if he slows down eating between now and next monday, his last appointment she says we might try him on it. It was a great relief that someone actually agreed with me that there could be a phsyical problem as to why he doesn't like to eat, she says he's just in the safe limit for his weight but agreed that he can't loose anything, you can and always have been able to feel all his bones. I think I've said before that we've tried most conventional foods, home cooked and raw and they all have the same effect he goes to the dish licking his lips then backs off and will go for a couple of days before eating anything, its not the food but the actual eating and if he got tummy ache or heartburn etc then that would explain why he doesn't want to eat. Fingers crossed that we may have solved his problem, the same thing happened when he was on antibiotics in the summer, ate anything while on them and a couple of days after then reverted back to not eating.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote