View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDB View Post
just read you latest response they definately should be able to get alternative accomodation contact your local council. And if its a case of he cant be bothered then socail services wouldnt get involved unless it was due to depression and he is self neglecting
My dad used to be such a proud, strong man, he was a merchant sea man so was very disciplined. But all he does now is sit in a corner of the room with headphones on watching TV. He goes in to the local town once a week to buy food for himself and that's it.

It's hard to say how much weight he has lost and how quickly. He still wears the same clothes as before but they hang off him. He smelt so bad of BO that when we walked into the room it hit us. My mum told me he never cleans his false teeth, just puts them into the same water every night and the water stinks.

He fell out of bed recently and bruised his shoulder quite badly but never saw a doctor. One time when we were visiting he tripped up the stairs and tore the skin on the back of his hand and didn't even notice until I saw it.

But apart from that he isn't in bad health. He takes statins for cholesterol and as I said he is on pills for his thyroid. I know he sees his GP regularly for blood tests but I don't know the details.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote