View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
Going by the vibes I am getting from your post I would say social services wouldn't get involved. It's not that he is unable to look after himself or that he is unable to make his own decisions.

I would be more concerned that your parents are living in a house like this to be honest, can't be good for your mum or dad.

They are not even that old and maybe he is doing it just to annoy her. Perhaps getting them to go their separate ways would be a step in the right direction?

I really don't know what I would do in this situation to be honest, but I think social services could advise but couldn't perhaps wouldn't actually intervene.

Give them a call and see what they say, if anything you might get a bit of support too.

Can't be easy watching them live like this and not knowing what to do for the best.

Keep us posted xxx
That's what I thought. It's not that my dad isn't capable, he just doesn't bother. I am wondering if he is suffering with depression.
They both want out but I don't think they know how to do it. They live in a council house. My mum is always saying she wishes he would leave. How would my dad go about getting a place of his own? He has asked my sister if he can move in with her but she doesn't want him. I can't have him as we are full to the rafters with adult kids who have come home.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote