Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #104
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I was out at lunchtime yesterday Emma I'm just about feeling normal after the anaesthetic seems to take a while to come out of you.
I was a bit miffed when the surgeon wanted to know why when they had found the hernia something wasn't done but I think it was when he looked under my DRESSING and saw all the green gunk coming out that made him say we need to operate.
I have some huge antibiotics which leave the most disgusting taste in your mouth all day but not many to take.
Not looking forward to Friday and getting it changed as its really sore to touch.
A bit miffed? I’d have been raging but I guess you’re just so worn out with all this there was nothing to gain by losing your rag.
Are you left in a ‘wait and see how long it takes for the infection to go’ limbo then?
Urgh to the nasty taste. I expect you’ve tried mints and mouthwash. Can’t imagine you have much of an appetite.
Really hope they notice a positive change on Friday and it’s not too painful. Wish I could suggest something but other than taking some strong painkillers before you go, just try concentrating on your breathing to focus your mind on anything other than what they’re doing. It sounds so silly I know.
They really don’t take long to kick you out, drain and all. I expect someone else was in your bed as soon as they changed the sheets!

I guess this time if things don’t improve quickly you can just phone up your consultant’s secretary and get a message to him. Might not be the done thing but bugger that! It’s what I used to do when hubby had cancer!
Hope you can catch a few hours sleep tonight. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote