View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #17
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I have no idea, it's just that people I have come across have said they have done this for years, the torts have a bit of a quiet time when they are simply less active. I don't know if you'd call it semi-hibernating or what but they just let the torts do their own thing. They come out to eat and drink but much less often, maybe because they are not using energy. You get all kinds of people doing different things, lots of people don't even know that some torts do or don't hibernate. I think it's only a small percentage who get their info from websites like this one
I have had Horace now for 5 years always kept him on the table during winter. Horace now does not want to eat just sleep. I bath him every day with Reptoboost. He really just wants to sleep. I am to scared I have to admit to hibernate him.
The temps in the night are 20c and during the day he is under his lamp 30c and room temp around 24c. But he only wants to sleep. I have had this for 5 years. So I don't worry, yes I do but come the warmer weather he is just great. Lets Hope it's the same this time
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote