View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #22
emma_mcraf
Adult

Well I have both my technician son and my daughter home. She’s working from home and her boss is keeping her on 100% of her wage. My son is being paid 100% until the end of April then going to the 80% but without a car to run, the gym to go to, etc., he won’t be spending so much anyway.
Hubby is a key worker and his employer has taken a long time to implement the changes necessary to keep workers safe. Hubby isn’t allowed to work from home and go in for the funerals but it’s ridiculous so many people are going in when they’re not even meeting families to arrange funerals but it’s all being done via phone and email on the whole. It is so hard for the families and my hubby hates not being able to give the same service he’s done for decades. But it is what it is.
We all have to do our bit and follow the regulations. Have to admit I’m not amused at the numpties still gathering and having to be dispersed by the police.

Not good that you haven’t been well, Clare. I don’t know if it’s good to have had it or not as they can’t guarantee immunity and now they say some of the Chinese who tested positive and weren’t allowed out of hospital until they tested negative are now testing positive again. It’s just such an unknown.

I really hope everyone keeps safe and well. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote