View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
newforestmum
Hatchling

Default Leopard advice please

Been asked to foster a leopard for 12 mths while the owner sorts out some personal problems

I've been told that she still just about fits on to a sheet of a4 paper and she is a very good escape artist

So this weekend I will be making her an enclosure on the piece of overgrown ground that I pictured on here recently, which my dad very kindly came and cleared for me this week.

As you can see area is currently soil/pea shingle. what is best underfoot for Leopards. Idea is that we will create another wall on right hand side and then move the trellis work from existing left hand fence to new one on right hand side.

I knew this was a possiblilty so I have done some research but I know you guys are experts so thought I would ask for your advice as well before we start construction.

Spoken with Julie (HTS) the plan is to move Leopard into greenhouse once my iberas have hibernated and use that as her winter quarters. Julie is arranging for the owner to purchase a heater to keep the greenhouse warm enough. I already have heat lamps and uv lamps installed in greenhouse.

So what else do I need to know? Food - what is best? what do you feed your leopards. whilst doing research on various Leopard websites seen things like watermelon, carrot, 80% greens ie brussel tops 20% fruit, advice is all very different. TT website states that Leopards are happy to graze on lawn grass but what else can they have?

Leopard is currently in temporary home until we are ready for her. Must admit a bit worried about other thread on Leopards re them dying through stress of moving but I will discuss that with Julie next week

Thanks

Lisa
newforestmum is offline   Reply With Quote