View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 07:32 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbigears View Post
Thanks Emma, my son is in bits, she was his first pet and part of our family.
She went downhill so fast, i have no idea what's happened. We are going to miss her so, so much.
I recall the photos of your son with her. My kids are all growing up now but since they were young I’ve always taught them we must celebrate the lives of the animals who are part of our family. They’d have a good cry and cuddle and then we remember the good memories.
When my daughter was young I would do a montage of photos of the pet we’d lost which she could keep and that helped her loads and she always had a cuddle to say goodbye and helped with the burial. She still does it now. We lost a much loved budgie in December and I waited for her to come home from work before telling her and she had some time with her before we buried her.
Also, we’ve always painted a pebble with each pets name when we get a new pet and then when they pass it becomes a memorial stone.
I hope you can find ways to help comfort your son.

Torts can be slow in showing their ailments sometimes and equally, they take a long time to get better, so it could have been something Munster had for a while and it just got to the stage when it started to show but was too bad for anything to be done.

I hope you’ll decide to give another tort a home when you’re ready. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote