View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Daryn
Hatchling

Part two

Well the beasts came out and it was time to strip down the old pond...........

As you can see its double skinned with decking boards which should help keep the enclosure warm

Well I marked out where I want the house to be and the size, you can see where the decking board sits across the width and towards the back of the enclosure so a nice size. The bottom of the tort house will be above the ground and start at the top of decking board, this should help keep the house dry.

You can see what height is left I think this will help with keeping the inside warm she will have plenty floor space but only about 16'' of height but I think this is more than enough, she aint a giant tort lol.

Next bit was the block paved area which will sit directly in front of the tort house and be level with the entrance so no drops, this should be a great basking area and Im hoping with the poly carb lid that these blocks should heat up real nice for her, also the entrance into the main garden will be off the side of the paved area.
The rest of the enclosure will be made up of sand, top soil and stones with planted up area's, this will also start level with the top of the blocks so no high drops anywhere.

Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote