View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Dandelion
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
You have a cross there already why would you then want to add yet another subspecies into that cross? The Tortoise you have has no Jordanian in it from what Danny has said so why would you consider it, you can't be that desperate to breed???
It's nothing I am planning to do. I never really thought that it would be nice to add another subspecies to that cross, either, I just thought since my Jordanian male is separated from the rest, that he would appreciate her company and them breeding would be no problem. I thought maybe even naturally a cross tortoise would breed with another subspecies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64 View Post
I agree with Kelly, as you already have 3 types of tortoises to choose from to pair up this female with, another cross, an Antakyan or a Golden greek. Why would you want to add another subspecies into the mix.

Danny
I understand where you two are coming from and I guess you are right.
For the record, I have a young female Antakyan and a young male Golden Greek. So not really up for breeding yet. I'm fine with that, seriously. I just thought that I could place her in with my male with no problems..

Thanks for your help!
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote