View Single Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
yuna1971
Adult

Just a suggestion (dont shoot me down here) - it might be an idea to mention when mentioning that there are edible plants/flowers for sell at these stores, to add a bit on the information - that the plants need to have the flowers taken off and/or leaves and that they need to weather for 2-3 weeks.
I made the mistake of buying some pansys (and maybe it was me being stupid) but I didnt know till after I fed some leaves to Lily that I had to weather them, take the flowers off, take out the excess fertilised soil and re bed them and wait for new growth.
It is probably a well-known thing to experienced keepers who have many torts or have had a tort for years and frequent this site. But there are some people who have just got them and would not necessarily know this. Its easy to assume they would or surely its "common sense" but as with most things to do with torts - things do involve a little more thought and planning than first thought.
There are many people who come on here and join to get the advice - I am one of them and have learnt so much. But with things like this - a new member or someone without too much experience (me...included) would not automatically know that of what people with 1000's of posts know.
Just a thought that I came to - after finding out AFTER i had already fed them. There was no where that said and you would not think to search if you just read 'buy these plants here, its a good deal' .
Thanks xxxx hope this is ok to post.

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote