Thread: Sad News
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
isn't there anyone who can help you search your garden, you really have to be on hands and knees and doing a finger search, its so easy to miss a tort and beleive me even if you have never seen him dig thats what he probably has done. They can hide themselves so well its almost impossible to find them but on hands and knees and searching the corners, under bushes is always worth a try. My hatchlings could vanish in a few minutes and you'd never know where they had dug, it often was just by feel that you could find them. If you do have gaps in the wire where je could have gotten out then maybe those the other sides can also do or let someone do a hands and knees search.
I have had help. There are nasty brambles in the corners but I have looked very hard. Looked everywhere and in my garden.
I just hope he finds his way back to my garden. He could have gone into the cow field. I did look but the field is very big, loads of nasty brambles in the corners. There does not seem to have cows in the only a few times a year.
I can only hope he is ok and will come back. I know Horace, when he is out, he is only active from 12pm to 4pm if the sun is out. Its 11.34am, the temp is only 21c so if he is still alive he will not be active until the temp is 30c.. The sun is trying to come out but its overcast.
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote