View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #14
FLINTUS
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
You thought it was to dry blimey i was thinking how wet it was and how dark where they seemed to be hanging out really proves the difference between them and med torts big time as for the very large yellow foot i thought the same and did mention my concerns but they said they were ok together
The adult enclosure was fine, but I thought the babies looked dry. More kind of Red Foot habitat than Homes Hingebacks. Both Yellow Foots and Homes Hingebacks are true forest tortoises, the former found in the Amazon Basin area for the most part-loads of streams, and very little light gets through the canopy. The latter are often found in swamps and rocky streams, and are pretty much completely inactive-not hibernating, but think of it like just spending all day on the couch activity- during the dry season. With the Yellow Foots that big, they would be almost certainly WC like the Homes Hingebacks, so I would be very worried about parasites crossing, and the size difference.
Sorry to go off topic by the way.
1.2 Serrated/Forest Hingebacks
Fish
Snails-Achatina Fulica 'Jadatzi', Limicolaria Flammea, Limicolaria Numidica, Archachatina marginata suturalis,
Achatina Tincta

Jadatzi GALS for sale:
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...799#post610799
FLINTUS is offline   Reply With Quote