View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Hello Yvonne good to hear from you. Not much happening with me now as all my temperate species are now tucked up in their hibernating boxes. Weather has been very up and down here as was very mild until recently and now we have had our first few frosts. The only torts I have still up are my four Browns in their insulated shed, a male Indian Star in the conservatory in company with five hatchling Horsfields, one Hermann and my blind three year old ibera.

Difficult to imagine over here how large your country is as doing a six hour drive here would be quite an expedition. Good luck for your meeting with the City Engineer about your new driveway are they taking some of your land to extend the road?

Sorry to hear that most of your Brown eggs weren't successful but fingers crossed for next year. Gordon has been pretty successful with his Brown eggs.

Would love to see some pictures of your Radiatas are they fully grown or youngsters

Like you we have masses of leaves to clear up but hopefully they will all be down shortly so can do them in one go.

Mary
Yes they 'bought' about 10 or 15 feet across the front of the property along with many trees and bushes. One of the things I asked for in our contract was for them to put up a retaining wall where they cut away my hill. They agreed to this, and gave me additional $$ to 'rent' ten more feet across the front for their wall building equipment. But I'll get that back when the wall is built. But this cut into my pond, which meant I had to allow it to evaporate and dry up. I have four big stock tanks full of turtles and fish. I can't get my pond back soon enough. It's a big job taking care of that much unfiltered water!

Well, I'd love to be able to post pictures but the powers that be here on this Forum don't deem me worthy of picture posting. I have a little message at the lower left of my screen telling me I can't post pictures. I have 4.3 full grown radiata. This will be the first year I will put them together, or, I should say, next year will be the first year. I've got a couple very experienced coaches helping me with the breeding (Zovikian and Sterant).

Well, back out to rake more leaves!