Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #108
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
How did it go yesterday, Gordon? xx
It was extremely painful. The nurse who attended me was very nice but I'm thinking the surgeon who operated was having a laugh.
So they cut the old scar tissue away and made the hole even bigger and did what they call debrided it which basically is cutting all the dead and infected tissue away from inside and then putting a piece of sponge inside and then a piece of sticky back plastic over my belly cutting a hole in it over the wound and then sticking another piece on which has a tube coming out of it which is then connected to a vacuum pump.
And try to sleep is near on impossible as it makes a lot of noise on and off.
They sent me away with all the bits and Bob's for the pump and the spair sticky plastic cover which has the sponge in it.
Now the bit that freaked me out was the size of the sponge its about an inch thick and then 5 inches wide by 8 inches long which I had no idea as to how much was in me.
At this point I so much want to add a few pictures but best not. My daughter came in and took a few pics as the nurse pulled out what we all thought would be just a bit of it to create a plug but no the surgeon had managed to get pretty much the whole piece in and boy did it hurt when she finally managed to get it out.
So back there to see the consultant again on Monday and the nurse is going to come and put a new dressing on which I'm not looking forward to as with all that has happened that was the worst.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote