Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #407
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well sunday didn't fail to disappoint with yet another lump grew and seemed ok till Tuesday when yet again infection started so I spent the day in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics yet again.
As the infection wasn't as bad this time I was given the option of staying in or go home with a bucket of pills so I went for that option even though I can hardly walk as it hurts so much.
So the nurse gave me a box of pills and said we could go.
Now you would assume there was nothing out of the ordinary about that but you would be so wrong
As I didn't need to take one till the next day I didn't pay much attention but in the morning I looked at the dosage and it reads:- TAKE ONE TABLET ONCE A DAY FOR FIVE DAYS in capital letters so I thought ok that's an easy one to work out. So I opened the box and there were 28 tablets in there so I was a bit curious so Googled them and all I'm saying is they weren't antibiotics
After a few minutes I had a look on the box again only to notice it wasn't even my name on the box ffs.
After I picked my jaw up from the floor and called my doctors who was absolutely gobsmacked and said I need to call them straight away so I did.
Dont need to go into to much information but as you can imagine they were very very apologetic an said they would look into it and call me back which the head honcho did within 10 minutes and asked if I could go back over so they could sort it out.
So back to John Radcliffe we went and it was so funny we were whisked straight in even though it was very busy and into a side room so nobody could overhear so I was given my correct tablets and with over an hour of three of them licking my boots we left.

I did feel bad as the nurse is going to get such a dressing down but it could of turned out really bad if I had taken them.

What have I done to deserve all this, I'm back on Friday to have bloods done again which I'm not looking forward to.
So, what you're saying is if you had taken the tablets there would have been no danger of your getting pregnant?