View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda200784 View Post
Thank you for the swift reply . I will lower the basking bulb tommorow to raise the temp. will the reptiglo 2.0 be sufficient for his uvb needs?
Also I'm concerned if I 'decorate' his habitat too much with stones plants etc he will be at risk of falling onto his back as he is an avid climber and explorer, today he tried to climb up the thermometer!, and I have been told at his size he wouldn't be able to self-right, but I thought this sounded dubious?
To be honest I don't know about your UV tube (I have never used them) but I think its a 10 that you need, don't know if a 2 is powerful enough. As for the climbing they all do this im afraid, particularly when young or recently changed house. It isn't age that dictates them not righting themselves, this seems to vary from tort to tort. You can slope the substrate downwards away from the lamp, + put some decent size cobble stones about your torts length away from the sides of your table, so if he does fall over he can reach these to help right himself. ( They tend to stand on back legs & climb the walls, then fall on their back ) I also find not letting the substrate dry out too much helps, as it can go like dust/sand if it dries out & he cant get a grip on it.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote