View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
EJ
Adult

By your rule... you'd have been banned before that one person.

All that one person is sorry for is the opinionated and judgemental mentality that almost all of these forums have taken.

That one person really wishes it could be all about the tortoises and their care... regardless of ones political orientation.

I guess the team must be correct considering the persistant personal attacks that this one person has to endure.

If that one person went on such a rant against another member I'm sure the management would have a say... this is why this one person probably holds their tongue for the most part with the occasional flip comment to stress a particular point without getting into it...

Oh... thanks for the photo.

I notice the same people have the same complaint... only one... my way is the only way and everyother way is wrong.

They hide behind the argumentative card... the bullying card... I don't care what anyone does but I do feel that they should be given ALL the information and then decide for themselves. I've never been so arrogant to say what is best. The closest I'll come is to say what I think is best.

I'm willing to bet this one person gets more pm's for advice for fear of starting a war. I'm also willing to bet more people leave because of nonsese of being able to agree to disagree.

The only bullying I see on these forums are... YOU MUST DO IT THIS WAY... you will never see this one person say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizathetort View Post
Hello everyone

For a while now the forum has been subjected to a lot of insult throwing, bullying and put downs (especially to new members) and the feeling I am getting from a lot of members is that it is now at breaking point and has caused a lot of long standing posters to leave.

The general feeling is that one person is allowed a free rein to insult and bully as they wish.

This all came to a head on friday evening when Jackie Stone was called a nazi for pointing out to the forum that a tortoise was being sold without its papers. She feels this was the tip of the iceberg in the bullying she was on the end of from this person.

The team did not do anything about this insult which seems to be the trend, until I kicked up a fuss and then all that happened was that his comments removed. It feels like insulting behaviour is being condoned by shelled warriors and is causing good people to leave. Lots of members are saying they are frightened to post anymore or have a differing opinion for fear of being on the end of it. My feeling is the team is not impartial enough anymore.

I myself was going to leave, especially after being treated like the trouble maker by the admin but it was such a great forum I felt i'd try and be constructive.

The problems I feel is that there seems to be no control over the people who insult or suitable punishments. We don't get told if infractions are handed out and this adds to the feeling of injustice. We were told after the latest incident that it was 'being monitored'.

My suggestion would be;

1. if anyone is reported for insulting behaviour and the admin team feel this is correct, then the person making the insults should be suspended until they apologise to the victim.

2. 3 strikes and you are out. Persistent insulting behaviour earns you a ban, 3 chances.

3. The victim gets told of the infractions therefore putting minds at ease that shelled warriors does not tolerate it.

I have been accused of having a problem with certain members by the team, I can clearly state and have said time and time again that i would hate to see anyone banned but it cant be at the cost of others. I respect everyones views and experience, but i really dont respect certain members way they makes others feel here.

Also would like to say I appreciate all the efforts everyone who runs the forum, this isnt an ungrateful moan! Its just such a good forum that is in serious danger of becoming a very unfriendly place to be

Thanks for listening
Chris (Ibizathetort)
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care

Last edited by EJ; 19-07-2011 at 12:09 AM.