View Single Post
Old 28-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
Emma that sounds exactly like ours, moss, daisies and Cat's Ear. My wife did the feed and weed thing and it left bare patches but has grown back again but so have the weeds. I was going to try a weed burner but the bloke next door told me that before we moved here, he used a weed burner on his and it set fire to his garden AND the hedge between him and his neighbour on the other side of him and he had to get the fire brigade. His neighbour was on holiday abroad and came home to a charcoal hedge
Oh no! You definitely can’t try the weed burner then!
Bet your neighbour’s neighbour was not amused when he came back from his holiday. I don’t know why I find that funny as I’d go mental if it happened to me, but it’s just the thought of a weed burner getting so out of control the fire brigade had to come.

Our torts have their enclosures rather than roam the lawn so I often get the trowel out to transplant any good weeds into the weed patch before hubby mows, but it’s amazing how quickly they grow back after he does! I don’t mind the moss too much as I often use it for crafting and I like to lift it and put it around the pots as they look quite pretty and whimsical with moss, but hubby likes to keep the lawn looking nice. Hilarious really as he doesn’t do the gardening and hasn’t a clue what anything is. That’s definitely my role.

I still remove anything toxic regardless, because of the dogs.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote