View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
emma_mcraf
Adult

Default A basket full of torts

This is how I get the torts out into the garden each morning through the summer. I have a basket for the females and the males all share one too, wrapped up in their individual towels to prevent any nipping or ramming.

It has been wonderful having a proper tort room for their time indoors. It's hard to get a photo of all the tables and the room expands back further than the door. When we moved house last year the torts were a huge priority and turning what was a dressing room into a tort room was high on hubby's to-do list for me, bless him.

The room keeps the ambient temperature consistent and it's nice and cosy in the evenings for them too, so no need for extra heating or CHE's anymore.
I've been meaning to take photos for well over a year.

I'm already planning for next summer. Theo and Atticus will be getting new larger outdoor enclosures and I'm hoping we'll have some good weather.
Here's some of them outside this year:

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote