View Single Post
Old 13-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #3
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylatts View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a spur-thighed tortoise that was hatched in august 2015, his name in Sheldon (Original i know )

Recently Sheldon hasn't been eating his food, also unless woken he doesn't wake up.
I haven't seen him poo in a while also, at least a week. same with urates.

He has lots nearly 10g which is very worrying!
I bath him daily with added Reptoboost, he gets fed weeds from the garden and also weeds that i have grown.
Recently i changed his enclosure and build my own one, he used to live in a vivarium (New home below)

He used to have wood chip as his substrate which was changed as i didn't think it was good for him, he now has "Tortoise life" as it was new i fear he ingested some of it.
At the basking end of the enclosure the temps are 30 Degrees c and at the opposite end it is 20-25 Degrees C.
I also have a cuttlefish in the enclosure for him to attack, and have a calcium supplement that i put on his food from time to time. Also as you can see there is a UV tube in his enclosure, also there is a heat mat in his home which is set to turn on when it drops below 19 Degrees C.

I think that's about it, if anyone has any other questions please ask as i'm starting to get worried

I'm thinking about making an appointment to see the vets soon!​

How long has he been in his new home?
As it can take them time to adjust to new surroundings.
The temps under the heat is. Little on the low side, it needs to be more like 32c.
Far better your tortoise be on soil as its there natural substrate.
If you are really worried then always get your tortoise to a reputable tortoise vet:0)
Heat mats are not needed with med or horsfield tortoises:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote