View Single Post
Old 15-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #9
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
Thank you for all your help. They are feeding... well more more than the other but that's not overly worrying as our one would eat in snow if she could. It's not freezing they still come out just not the temp I wanted so just wondered about additional heat til we get some warmer weather . Just unsure what source and brand to use ? As its something I have never had to do.

Will be looking into green house conversions soon as we have moved to a much larger outdoor space so would like them to be in there with added outside run. How on earth you keep heat in there and add electric egg will be the next sorry haha xx
I live in the SE, so that helps. But I only use heat in the GH from when they get up until the end of April (depending on the weather) then they just have the heat of the GH until around the end of September, this of course depends on the weather. But as mine are under ground at the moment, I only have the GH heater set to come on if the temps drop to 5c.
They really can take colder temps than we think, but not all the time. A few days of colder weather really does not have an effect on them. But weeks of course would:0)
My GH is bubble wrapped which does help keep some heat in, and the heat of the Summer off the tortoises.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote