View Single Post
Old 21-01-2022, 05:33 PM   #1
Yvonne G
Hatched

Default OK! That's IT! You've all had your vacation. . .

. . . and now it's time to come back here! I mean it!!! It's been a week since any of you have posted here. I need my Shelled Warriors fix.

Here's what's going on here:

NOTHING!!!

LOL! Each day is just like the last with nothing new to write about. The weather has been very mild. So far this winter we've only had two nights of frost. Lately it's been 60's (F) during the days and 40's (F) at night. All my brumating species are closed up tight in their brumating areas, however, yesterday I noticed a female gulf coast box turtle peeking out from under the leaf pile, looking around.

What's with all the stray cats lately? There are so many new ones coming around I've taken to naming them. Uno is a real pretty long haired orange cat with a big abscess on his cheek. Too scared of me for me to be able to catch him.

Dos is a black and grey tabby that I only see when it's food time, also too scared of me to stick around and be petted.

Tres is a youngish siamese with the prettiest blue eyes (crossed) ever. The other day I noticed he was "making biscuits" on the shelf he was sitting on so I ventured close and slowly reached out. He allowed me to pet him. He really wants human attention.

So far there is no Quatro, but he probably won't be far behind. I guess people are just dumping their unwanted animals "out in the country" these days, and where I live I suppose could be considered as "out in the country!"

Ok, let's hear YOUR story!