Thread: Garden
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 08:32 PM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Love your walled garden and am very impressed with all your different areas it must have been such a lot of work but so worth it.
It is lovely having the walled garden, Mary. I can’t take credit for anything other than the gardening. My husband and sons have done all the hard work when it comes to digging anything out and building things. I am good at envisioning what would look nice and work well and then tell hubby and he designs and builds it for me. He never questions it and the end result is always excellent. I have vines, honeysuckle and creepers growing up the pergola in the decked area and so hope in time they will really take off and I’ll have more edibles for the torts, plus soften the area a little.
There’s a coastal themed front garden too and we have a ‘boardwalk’ all the way around from the front of the house, down the side and to the decking at the back, plus two little bridges. Hubby and my youngest have been replacing a lot of the decking boards with non-slip ones this year. Decking looks so nice but is lethal when icy or wet. That is pretty low-maintenance and I just trim the coastal-style grasses and do the hanging baskets out there. The previous owners must have spent a small fortune on chippings and coastal pebbles, but it looks nice.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote