View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Merlin M
Adult

I am not a fan of new year, as a child my parents always held a huge party but we were packed off to bed (but told if we did wake up we could put on some nice clothes we laid out and go to the party, needless to say I never made it to any of them, always slept through!!) these days I am just so much more excited about Christmas as its just such a big family event... Although my husbands family always have a party on the 2nd (which is a bank holiday in Scotland) which I always look forward to. I was asleep by the bells this year and missed all the fireworks (but we can't see them from here anyway!)

2016 was a mixed year, we moved to our wonderful house but lost Buzz, 2017 seems promising we have our Rocco home, and there are 2 nieces or nephews on the way - one due in April the other in July! I just need to get my foot sorted (it swole up in December and no one knows why... Waiting for Orthopaedics as it is believed to be due to some metal work from a previous surgery, so I am a little frustrated as I cant go for any nice walks! But hopefully soon it will be better...

Sounds like you all had a good new year (even if like me it was seen in asleep!) now I just have a spa trip to look forward to at the end of the month for my sister and my birthdays (we are one day -and 3 years - apart and always celebrate together!)
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote