View Single Post
Old 26-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
gwizz
Incubating

Thanks everyone for your responses and care it means alot to read xxxx

I did speak to the practice manager and said I wasn't too happy with the way I was dealt with by the vet, I understood that there's alot of torts who are not given the correct care but the vet in question should not have jumped to conclusions at that very sad moment. I stated I had done continuous research year after year and how he had his own shed, greenhouse and huge outdoor enclosure, a diet of fresh weeds and general decent care and attention. She apologized to me and stated they were wrong to jump to conclusions and will speak to the vet concerned.

I'm currently hoping to get a house move date in the next fortnight so when I'm all settled in new house I may reconsider getting another. He came from a garden centre originally by my mother and it wasn't until i took him to a vets (now gone) that I found out that he was wild caught, a boy instead of a girl and a few years older than thought. I in fact contacted CITES dept at the time who pulled up the GC because they were also giving our fake certificates. I would rehome one of course that would be priority

I'm having him cremated and he will move house with us and ill find a warm spot he would have loved and scatter him there with a tree to mark the spot and his personalized feeding slate he had for his birthday.

Thanks guys, its all been very sudden with no warning and im devastated xxxx

Children 2.0.0 - Benjamin and Matthew
(Horsfield Tortoise 1.0.0 - RIP Yoda)
Cats 1.1.0 - Ellie May & Eddie Solo
Husband 1.0.0

Last edited by gwizz; 26-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.
gwizz is offline   Reply With Quote