View Single Post
Old 14-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Torterra
Sub Adult

Smile

I personally using ZooMed Grassland Tortoise food. I started adding it when my first one was 9 months old, in preparation to 'weedless' winter months. In fact, I was hoping to find Matzuri pellets while visitong the States, but alas! So in desperation I purchased ZooMed Grassland Tortoise pellets and had very little faith in them to start with.

It took a while for her to get used to them, she would trample over them and ignore for number of days/ weeks. But eventually she gave it a try. And she loves them, so do i LOL. Once she had her fill she wil leave the rest then munch on green weeds/ grasses. happily starting every day eating some pellet mash. They smell of fresh hay/ grass with some hints of natural weeds. And importantly what comes out of her is neat oval shape and well digested and compact.

I also tried Komodo and I believe those are very good, but she would eat a bit too much.

I have a dolls saucer and soak 3-4 pellets (they are big) every morning then put them onto feeding slate. I keep a bottle of water under the table for filling tortoises dishes and soaking the food.

If I ever have problems with weight drop I would use Komodo. I am probably wrong but i think ZooMed is better for my baby. I feed my baby what I like myself, and I prefer the smell of Zoomed.

I am not expert and just starting, but here a bit of my routine and hope this will help to find what will work best for you.
0.0.2 Sternotherus Carinatus (Razorback Musk Turtle)
http://kinosternon-baurii.blogspot.co.uk/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote