Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #563
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Major update this afternoon.
I have been on a ward with four nice people for a change and my youngest daughter millie and her indoors were visiting when out of the blue a group of nurses appeared and literally frog marched me out on my bed into a side room and I asked several times as to why to which I didn't get a straight answer till in side room with the door shut and guess what.

I NOW HAVE BLOOMING MRSA FFS. SORRY FOR THE USE OF CAPITALS BUT OCCASIONALLY I NEED TO SHOUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER.ok better now. So I'm now totally infectious and feel confused as I feel that wasn't the best was to go about it even one of the chaps said are you coming back to which is said no idea.
I know it's not the end of the world but I now have 101 questions I need answers to so have asked to see my surgeon tomorrow.
I dont mind saying I'm now feeling really low and have cried several times since which wasn't a nice thing for a man to do in front of his daughter.
I'm feeling ok now it was all just a shock as it happened so quickly what will go wrong next bring it on I say I'm not going to let it beat me.
Is there ever going to be an end to this I wonder.
Gordon, you’re right - this is NOT going to beat you. Any infections you have picked up have been picked up from the time you have spent in hospital. It’s not your fault and to have treated you so abominably in front of the other patients, Mel and Millie, is disgraceful.
You know I’ve mentioned PALS to you before, but if ever there was a time to complain, this is it.
When you mentioned the deep clean in the theatre I did think of MRSA but usually they swab anyone who comes in for anything, whether inpatient or just in A&E, so presumably they didn’t do this? If that is the case, they’re in the wrong and even if they did, they’re still in the wrong for not quarantining you but putting you on a ward with other patients.
Only real men cry and I have more respect for men that can show their emotions than those who try to put a face on all the time. Millie will understand and she’s old enough to realise how much pressure you’re under with the things you have going on in your life.
I hope you get some answers tomorrow and what this means going forward.
Try and get some sleep tonight. Ask for sleeping tablets if you can. Don’t know if they still do it but Mogadon was the best one I knew of having a nurse in the home growing up. A decent night’s rest will leave you feeling more together and ready to fire your 101 questions tomorrow and demand the answers.

There WILL be an end to this. Everyone here is supporting you and thinking of you all the time, willing each operation to be a success, every infection to bugger off and for you to feel better in yourself.
Keep strong. You’ve been a really brave man to put up with this as it has been non-stop so make sure you keep your head as well as you can. Keep talking to us to let off steam. There’s always someone along to listen to your words and offer support. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote