View Single Post
Old 26-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

My Hermann hatchling did exactly the same and had her leg dangling out first. Leave the egg in the incubator. The hatchling might take a while to fully hatch. Sometimes they stay in the shell for a while as they absorb the yolk. I’ve only ever hatched one so my experience is limited but I’m sure someone else will be along to advise further soon.
Once Esme was fully out the egg, I transferred her to another tub in the incubator, with damp kitchen towel for her to sit on rather than the vermiculite. She had absorbed her yolk and the plastron was healing nicely so she had a shallow bath and had a drink and ate some clover. Some hatchlings don’t eat for a while as the absorbed yolk can keep them going for a while.
I kept her in the incubator overnight and then because everything was healed, she went into her table. Others may advise you otherwise, but that’s what I did. Hope that helps in the interim.

I’m sure by the time you speak to your mum, the hatchling will still be in the process. Try not to panic, though I know it’s hard not to. Good luck!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote