View Single Post
Old 14-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
gavster
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky12 View Post
So glad that you have found her a home. Was this something you did via a rescue or did you just find them yourself?

I know alot of rescue are bad but believe me the breed rescues only have the best interests of the dog at heart, they would never put a healthy dog down just because they couldnt find it a home.

Fingers crossed her home is a permanent one and its good that she has another Akita to play with.

I have to say though in Lisa's defense I did think the same as her, especially as you said you wanted a smaller dog. Please see if from ourside, from your original post we didnt know that you had rescued her and she was only staying with you on a temporary basis.
Luckily a friend of mine knew someone with a male akita and when he found out i had a female that needed a new home he jumped at the chance, and because i knew she was going to a good home and he had experience with this breed i didn't take any money from him
Looking back at my first post i guess it did look kind of bad lol, but in my defense you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, sorry lisa