View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #30
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Dementia is horrid! My Mom has been suffering for at least five years now & has really deteriorated, is bed ridden now, all she.Can do is eat and say the odd word.

My Dad isn't right either. He had a nasty fall about four years ago resulting in a.bleed on his brain. He has similar problems to mom, confusion, memory loss etc but also jealousy & paranoia. They need lots of support & live over an hour away, so keeping me very busy.

My Sister says my Mom would die of embarrassment if she could of seen herself the last few year's, but luckily she is un- aware. The only saving grace.
oh no this is so sad but it is life or so it seems when elderly get elderly. I hate the condition but love my mum even though drive me absolutely to tears often. My Dad was told he was fit to go home even though he didn't know who I was, couldn't walk (he was 6ft 2") and thought the fire brigade lived in his hospital room, because he could say the word caterpillar after 3 tries. I always remember it - I thought the assessment nurse had escaped from the local mental health ward as an imposter, and laughed so much I was crying. My Dad asked if I had to come to make the beds in front of the Assessment Nurse......I nearly did !! CB