View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 09:14 AM   #2
tortydat
Sub Adult

Not sure where to start really but thank you to Gordon for putting up some pictures from obviously different times of the year. As Gordon says I have to thank Mike and especially our son Ian for all their hard work as not a lot of work had been done here for quite some time. On moving twice within a year or so I had to re-home some of my tortoises including all my young Hermanns and my five Marginateds which was hard. We have taken some time deciding the best way to house my smaller ones and with all the large trees around and very large birds we thought a fruit cage was the best way to go and the coldframes are quite successful as well. They get the sun most of the day and are secure as well. The Browns seem to like their new abode and we went for a very substantial shed as in the past they have over wintered in the garage which isn't possible now. Fortunately the swan didn't stay too long and the water went down quickly and despite Gordon's best efforts we won't be having either donkeys, geese or alpacas! Obviously this is a work in progress and something entirely different to what we were supposed to be getting ie a bungalow with a smaller garden but the situation is lovely and we are very lucky to be here.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote