View Single Post
Old 23-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
Yvonne G
Hatched

Default So Where Is Everybody?

Every a.m. I tune in and it hits me with "there are no new posts." Are you all estivating? I miss hearing from you and seeing your pictures.

Oh well. . . I'll go ahead and share my news anyway:

I've hatched out seven of the cutest little baby russian tortoises that ever walked the face of the earth. So darned cute. I wish the site would allow me to post pictures.

There are also four pipped eggs in the Manouria emys emys area. They're being very slow to come out. I hope they're ok.

The city of Clovis is widening the street in front of my house from a two lane semi rural road to a 6 lane with curbs and gutters, lights, left turn lanes, etc. This is causing me to have to catch all the animals (turtles and fish) in my pond and allow it to dry up. I'll get the pond back when construction is finished, but for the time being I have five galvanized tubs outside my side door containing two very large Florida soft shelled turtles, one Phrynops hillari, two large female red ears and one extra large western painted, and only one western pond turtle (I thought I had about five of them). I have seen, in the past, two feeder goldfish that had grown to about a foot long, but so far haven't been able to see or catch them. So far the water has evaporated down to about three or four inches, with about a foot of silt and sludge beneath the surface, which makes it pretty difficult to see or catch anybody.

So come on all you sleepers. What's going on in your lives. I miss you all.