View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
clevency
Egg

Default Horsfield book & info

Quote:
Originally Posted by amony View Post
Ah thank you very much. Im glad the likely cuase for his lazyness is just something small >.<

ive only had him for a few days been hes qiuckly become my happy place even if it is just watching him sleep, tortoise storyies always make me chuckle no matter the kind XD

I was wondering if you could give me an opinion on dryed flowers.
Also could you surrgest and good books to buy for id'ing weeds and flowers i live next door to woods you see, its hard going remembering what all the edible ones look like xD
Well done for seeking help ... try and collect a library of articles and books on your pet as everyone has a slightly different approach e.g http://www.tortoiseclub.org/caresheets.php has a horsfield sheet you might find helpful. There is also a beginners guide to keeping a hatchling med (a lot of the principle will apply to a baby horsfield)

Few thoughts that spring to mind .... Bathing several times a week for 20 min in luke warm water willl keep fluid levels up. Make sure water is deep enough for tortoise to dip it's nose and mouth under the water to drink properly.

keep weekly weight of your tortoise in 1g accurancy to help you build a picture of progress.

Allow your horsfield to go down to room temp at night time.

Don't worry if your tortoise does not eat every day. You can leave dried dandelion, plantain and flowers for nibbles?

In summer ensure a super super secure outdoor space ... concrete slabs on end work well with a buried thick plastic mesh base 1 ft down is a good start.

good luck
clevency is offline   Reply With Quote