Thread: Solar light
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #11
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki View Post
I know you can buy ceramic car heaters that plug into the lighter socket - wouldn't give light but ??may provide background heat if it could be rigged up straight to the battery but not sure how quick it would drain it etc as I am useless with this sort of thing but sometimes see gadgets that catch my eye!!
Here is another thought if using a greenhouse:
http://www.reuk.co.uk/Solar-Greenhouse-Heat-Sink.htm
Ow wow Vikki, just the ticket but for £4920 less !! that isexactly the type of warmth I was thinking, ie paraffin heater no good but ambient 'tort just up from hibernation in February time in GH' sort of warmth !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
That's a really interesting site Vikki. Though my back was aching just thinking about digging out that cubic metre of soil for the heatsink!

And the car heater that plugs into the lighter socket sounds promising - it must be running off direct current and in the right range power-wise or else it would drain the car battery too quickly.

If the heater was only on for a short time there is every chance that the trickle charge during the daytime would be enough.

What we need is for CB to be at the cutting edge here and get the necessary bits and give it a try!!
maybe they would champion it for us ! I like the battery option, though think solar power must be the key...it heats up water in houses to make the heating work doesn't it? mmm .....not ssooo sure about cutting edge more heath robinson.... we need a plan.....