View Single Post
Old 25-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I never weighed them.
Yes they buried down out of sight and you'd never have known anything was there (back in Sept/Oct) but as I say, soil disturbed at some point since then, probably just in the last few days. It's good to know that they can go 6 and a half months if need be.
You can't choose the picture size unfortunately but I'm going to edit it and just have the links instead as pics are far too big right enough.
I put food down today but they didn't touch it. They were going about their business as normal though more slowly as it didn't get above 31c in the greenhouse. Got the insulation on standby for next week's cold spell.
With those insulation panels all round (they can be seen in a couple of the pics) and 4 duvets over and around it, the temperature in the tub (I have a wireless weather station sensor in there) never really went below 3c or above 7c as far as I can remember and that's just above the soil. Under the soil would be much more stable.
Thanks for all that Alan.

You do an amazing job in all that cold weather.

A stable soil temperature makes sense, hence why I was a bit reluctant to follow the box or fridge method and try soil. I am learning all the time.