View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Default October 2012 tortoise meeting ... with vet speaker and festive cheer

Welcome to the October 2012 tortoise meeting

With vet speaker

Just Me and my Tortoise is a voluntary tortoise, terrapin and turtle group that covers the whole of Kent and London and provides support, education and helps rescue and re-home Chelonia. It is free to join us and you do not have to live in the area to come along to our meetings.

Vet Speaker: Mark N Rowland BVSc CertZooMed MRCVS.

Mark qualified from Liverpool in 1996. After a period in mixed practice Mark concentrated on Small animal and Exotic animal medicine. Mark achieved his Certificate in Zoological medicine in 2007. He has lectured locally and internationally as well as having published several times in peer reviewed journals.

Presentation:

"Tortoise hospitalisation and Diagnostic Work"

Mark will also cover any pre-hibernation questions/concerns.

Sunday 14th October 2012
2pm - 5.30pm

Venue: Keston Village Hall, Heathfield Road, Kent BR2 6BG
£3 per person (£1 per child)

This is the last meeting for 2012 and includes party refreshments : carrot cake, coffee & walnut cake, chocolate fudge cake, quiches, crisps and hot luxury butter mince pies with extra thick double cream! Sorry ... no alcohol ... just tea and coffee!

I would like to welcome back Mark as a speaker and I am sure you will agree the topic is of interest to many.

(Please do not bring tortoises, terrapins or turtles along to the meeting)

Please contact me to book a place or for further details.