View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #26
Yvonne G
Hatched

Well, I went grocery shopping today. I sort of expected that the boxed dinner aisle would be a bit sparse, so I wasn't surprised when they didn't have Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but BUTTER? There was no butter at all on the dairy shelf. Why on earth are 'they' hoarding butter? And the T-paper aisle is still bare. All in all I was able to get most of what I went for. I had to substitute a few brands for other brands that I don't normally buy, but I came home with enough to last a while. I paid an exorbitant amount for T-paper online. But it was 27 rolls, and that should hold me a while.

I live in the Clovis school district, and we're right next door to Fresno. The Fresno school district has voted to remain closed for the rest of the school year, while Clovis is hoping to re-open schools in May.

California's governor has mandated everyone stay home. Local police are supposed to make sure there are no gatherings of people and all parks are closed. I pulled this off a North Carolina news article:

Violation of an emergency order is a class two misdemeanor, according to N.C. Courts. A first offense may result up to a $1,000 fine while individuals with a significant criminal record could serve up to 60 days in jail.

this was in regard to not staying home.