View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Just found this little sweetheart.

A baby collard dove. They nest in our very tall pine tree every year and this poor little baby fell out and was laying on the grass underneath. I rang the vet and they said I could take it in to be euthanised as they are not in the surgery over night to feed it and the chances are it will die anyway. I can't put it back in the nest as it's so far up and the parents of pigeons and doves don't recognise their chicks once they fall out of the nest so they wont feed it even if I get it up as high as I can. So, I am going to try my damnedest to hand rear it. I have already fed it as it's crop was empty and it was squeaking. I happened to have some chick crumb for when willow was sick and a rescue site said they can eat that. I have to mix it with water and put it in a bag, cut off the corner and the little one sticks its beak in like it would it's parents mouth and sucks out the food. It ate really well and is now sleeping on my lap under my laptop, keeping warm. I think it could be a long couple of days and nights. There is the probability that it will die but I'll do my best.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote