Thread: Lockdown pics
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

The plastic ones are great aren’t they. I don’t have any for the torts but my daughter has guinea pigs and she uses them.
In the tort room (originally a small dressing room) I have two triples and a double and now in the study another triple. They are very much ‘my’ rooms and so hubby just accepts my ideas and makes me whatever I request. I literally give him sizes and he cracks on with it. He loves carpentry and now has our autistic son helping him, so it’s a win-win for everyone.
My last rehomer came out of quarantine a week ago though she still has a table to herself as she wasn’t behaved when I introduced her to other females and started biting them! I’ve never had that before. All my females have met and shared without much dominating behaviour. I’m going to watch her carefully outside and see if she bonds with any torts in particular and then she can potentially get to share an indoor table with them, freeing up another table.
I worry there will be a huge influx of rehomers due to people not being able or not having the inclination to look after them during the current situation and so I’ve told hubby if one comes up near by, I’d love to take another to give a forever home. I don’t have the space to have different species but I love my hermanns.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote