Thread: Lockdown pics
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
I have got a large garden Emma. Nothing on the bottom lawn though. That's hubby's! (even though he never goes near the garden)

My friend calls it his Brazilian!

I’m really lucky we have a big house and I’ve got a tortoise room, which I never thought I’d have, but I’d love more garden space to have more enclosures. We have two gardens areas - one all decked with a dining area, a hammock and arbour and so on, so not somewhere I’d put the torts as I wouldn’t be able to see them from the windows as it’s a little sun trap with complete privacy and then a nice wide side garden where the chicken coop is, but the tortoise space is limited really and I can’t increase it without ripping out the other side of the lawn with really lovely well-established shrubs and so on. We did that on one side when he moved. It felt a bit like sacrilege as there were a few gorgeous acers that needed to come out but I was pretty ruthless and they have such nice enclosures but I envy big gardens with lots of torty areas, greenhouses and so on. So I really enjoy seeing photos of people’s enclosures.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote