View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
CherryBrandy
Adult

no problem with questions ! we all love questions. We have all learnt how to do a gall bladder extraction on here these days and I suspect next is a heart bypass.
Ok probably move your stones as these can get piping hot and their little clawsies or under shell can get a tad hot or burn...don't panic - they will be fine. I would say some little coco soil under the lamp works wonders, making it all nice and snug. I personnaly would keep them up - over winter them. If they are sleepy draws in the mornings a most little ones are I would definitely get them up and put them under the lamps) check they haven't been under and gone for a cool down) and out some nice florette sprayed with water in front of them. even stick it under their noses and wave about - once you do this some times it will set a routine of feeding time , getting up etc. Don't worry they sleep a lot - that's what tortoises do and the smaller ones a renowned for it.
Paper can cause stones later on (see we have a theme here Gordon can talk to you about). but is fine short to medium term. plenty of water available and bathing too. tepid water once aday if small. lots of spraying probably twice a day to keep humidity up. spray the food too that's a good way of getting water in if they don't drink much, have fun ! relax a bit and weigh them - weekly at least. they should put on a bit each week, (ish), don't overfeed otherwise Sandy will be on to you ! good advice obviously from Sandy CB