Thread: Tables
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
What a clever and understanding husband you have.
He is clever and he could have been a carpenter as he’s so good at it. He’s very able at turning his hand to anything practical whether it be plumbing, electrical, mechanical, decorating, etc.
At our first home he lay carpets, hanged doors, fitted new windows, etc. He even dug out the foundations for one of the two extensions we had there and laid patios, made fences and gates.
We were very lucky moving here that there was no immediate decorating to be done except for our son’s bedroom as he had autism and so he painted it the right colour and we had new curtains ready to hang as soon as we moved, to help him cope with such a massive change.

As you can see, the study is very much my domain with all my hangings, photos, fish tank and so on. Hubby never complains. The older I get, the more of a hippy I seem to be becoming.
He has definitely become more understanding as he’s got older and doesn’t question my passion for animals and nature. He has a very strong bond with our dog Chester and I think he now understands what love for animals is like. Admittedly, dogs are different to torts but I’ve had disparaging remarks from family who don’t ‘get it’ when it comes to my tortoise passion (how rude!) and yet he’ll do anything to help me with them. People really don’t believe me when I tell them I know people who have far, far more torts than me!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote