View Single Post
Old 28-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Alistair&Robyn
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Your problem is going to be finding the same Redfoot type that you have. Redfoots are like Leopards and Greeks in that the genus is so wide spread and there are so many populations that mix in the wild there really is no way to know you are getting the same animal unless you got them all from one shipment. Even then you can't be sure. Cherry heads are a trade name. They are all still Geochelone carbonaria as far as I know. If you can find one that is similar to the ones you already have... all the better but the've been bred long enough in the UK for you to be pretty sure that they are pretty much mixed up as it is.

This might sound bad, but a lot of red foots just look the same to me. There are some that are obviously quite different, but the majority of the time I can't tell.

I already have 6 ladies, 5 of which appear to be the same genus (but I could well be wrong) The other looks quite different (lighter brown scutes) but she's so tiny and not well I won't breed her. To be honest, I don't think she'll ever be big enough anyway.

What's the best way to tell the difference between the different types?
1.1.0 Ackie Monitor
0.0.1 Bosc Monitor
0.1.0 Red Iguana
2.3.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs
1.1.0 Xenagama Taylori
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
1.0.0 Fire Salamander
0.0.3 Ghost Mantids
1.0.0 Egyptian Uromastyx
Alistair&Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote