View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
tlcwrites
Egg

Do I keep rabbits? Is water wet?

I have eight beauties right now. A quad, and 2 pairs. All the bonds I have done myself.

Is the bun neutered? If not, I'd recommend it. It makes it far easier if all parties are bonded.

The easiest bond is said to be of opposite neutered sexes. Both my pairs are male/female pairs. My quad is 1 male/3 unrelated females. But I was lucky with the quad - I honestly believe my rexes helped them all bond because the breed is so affectionate and placid.

I introduced buns in neutral territory each time - I used a dog crate for them to be in overnight and then gradually increased the amount of space they were allowed until they were back in their full hutch/run. (The smallest one I have is a total of 72sq ft, not a shop bought thing!)

But again I was lucky: each bond happened exceedingly quickly (including the quad!)

The quad are now in the dining room because Elphie has been under the weather though.

If you don't feel up to bonding, maybe go to a local rescue and see if they have any single males? They might be able to do the bonding for you too. And if there are any issues (if you do the bond yourself), they may be able to take the buck back and try again with another single male.
tlcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote