Thread: male or female
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #8
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtortoises View Post
The lady was nice so why did she lie to me?
She had them from a lady who kept them together in a 2ft vivarium for all their lives
then when she had them she got a double 2ft tortoise table and she separated them because she said they had eggs and they died ?
We had soil but the unit broke because of the weight of it so i had to empty it till we get a strong unit they are in a 4ft by 2ft tortoise table now the lights a uv and heat all in one
will post photos tomorrow
mum and i gave them a bath and we see dried blood on his neck also the bigger tortoise had some scales missing like he had a fight a while ago
feeling upset now My sister said she would take one of the tortoise if they hurt each other

sorry about my spelling
Unfortunately you have been told all the things you wanted to hear as the nice lady just wanted your money I'm afraid it happens all the time.
As for the dried blood and scabs give them a good soak in warm water deep enough so they have to hold their heads out of the water. It might be a good idea to get some f10 cream and put on the sores.
If you can post some pics of the wounds we can advise don't worry you have done a good thing taking them on but you really need to keep them separate.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote