Thread: Aestivation
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
My torts seem to be thriving. They do hide for periods of time during the day though. I've not experienced this in Scotland before. Mine stay out overnight in these conditions and it's amazing to see them up and about at 0730 looking for food. It must be because they are not cooling much overnight, so once it's light they are on the move.

My tortoises are exceptionally hungry so when I do see them they come running to see if I've got anything for them. During hot parts of the day they are laying low in shade.

In Scotland we didn't sell off the Water, it's still a public utility. No hosepipe ban here, we are using all the winter and spring water that's in the reservoirs.
I bet your torts are wondering what all this sun is, Jonathan!

At the moment our reservoirs are about 80% full, but the school holidays start in a few weeks and then we'll see. Mind you, it normally starts to rain when the schools break up. My garden would love some rain!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote