View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Alison that's what I'm concerned about too, my son doesn't earn a great deal and dee is an at home mother, they can't really afford high vet bills, and I think that's stressing them out as well, they paid £234 at the vets and are now skint until payday, its a horrible position to be in, I can help them out but I now only earn £250 a week for a 37 hour a week job at the council, and just about afford my own bills, I am worried for them, and the pressure on my son financially, we will see how it goes with splodge and what the vets say x
The problem is Bev that the vets will just keep working towards saving the cat, they wont think about how much it is going to effect the life of the family involved.
My advise now that they are already treating the cat would be to see if the cat can get well enough to survive this once the poison come out of its system (even if that means the cat still has seisures occasionally) but if they suggest meds just say no, let nature take its course, he may go on for years with just the odd seisure.
It is more difficult to monitor what is happening with a cat than a dog just due to their nature, he may go out and have a seisure at a totally inappropriate time which could cause his death anyway (such as in the middle of crossing a road) this could still happen even if he is on the meds
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote