View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #13
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
My dog Jack has had siezures for 4 years now, he takes 2 different types of tablets a day which totals 5 tablets. He has to have 6 monthly vet appointments to check the effect these tablets are having on his organ function, without the checks they cannot prescribe the meds.
All of this comes at a huge cost and this is something which has left us very short of money, we can no longer have holidays, partly due to cost and partly due to not being able to get anyone to care for him as the meds must be given at set times.
Basically what I am trying to warn you is to think carefully about going down the meds route, as heartbreaking as it is if I was put in this position again I would have my pet PTS once you have commited to meds at what point do you say we cant afford to keep you alive any more?
It is an awful situation to be in and i feel for your son but they need to make a choice now and not get swept along in emotional turmoil as we did.
Alison that's what I'm concerned about too, my son doesn't earn a great deal and dee is an at home mother, they can't really afford high vet bills, and I think that's stressing them out as well, they paid £234 at the vets and are now skint until payday, its a horrible position to be in, I can help them out but I now only earn £250 a week for a 37 hour a week job at the council, and just about afford my own bills, I am worried for them, and the pressure on my son financially, we will see how it goes with splodge and what the vets say x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote