View Single Post
Old 27-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #18
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
yes thats the one, I threw the package away and had to guess at the name as its the first time I've tried it with Milo, anyway he seems to be eating it and the bakers, but its left down all the time as he won't eat at a meal time. Milo also has suitable table bits and also has the odd raw chicken wing, he's definately eating better, at the moment, fingers crossed it carries on. I can't beleive having him neutered would have an effect that quick but was told they use about 1/3 less calories so maybe it is. I have all sorts of packs, tins and trays of different wet food but more often than not he won't touch them or if he does won't eat the same again so it all gets thrown away, I have the Natures Menu frozen raw cubes in the fridge which again if he's in the mood will eat, its so annoying when I have to keep throwing it away. Where we used to live it would have gone to the fox but we can't do that here as there are two dogs in the main house who are real scavengers and would soon find it outside.
We leave Teddy's dry food down all day, always have. He is a grazer rather than a meal kind of guy. He has only recently started eating the wet food, he seemed to be less enthusiastic about his food, and after eating the same thing for 12 years I can't blame him. We tried loads of different wet foods, like you, and he turned his nose up at them all until we found the Hi Life wet food in trays and he loves that as much as the dry version. The best thing is, it's cheap. 2 trays for a £ and they last Teddy 2 days sometimes longer.
One thing you might want to try giving Milo is some small pieces of raw fruit and veg. Teddy loves carrot, broccoli stalk, apple, banana, the list is endless, he will eat most veg, salad, oh and weeds, he eats what I pick for the torts. It's worth a try, just to give him some extra calories and variety. From what you've said about him he sounds a lot like Teddy.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote